Customer Service Careers
What we look for:
- "Customer comes first" and "my pleasure to serve you" attitude
- Enjoy working in a high-volume/fast-paced environment
- Ability to accurately count and balance money
- Strong decision-making abilities and able to work with little supervision
- Professionalism in the pursuit of achieving results
Use the fields below to search for jobs across all of our subsidiaries.
Customer Service represents the primary contact for customers with questions or requests. Whether you work at one of our local offices, 24/7 call centers or another location, customers will rely on you to fulfill their request in a courteous and speedy manner. Exceptional customer service helps maintain high customer satisfaction and strengthens customer confidence in the dependability of Southern Company and the services they provide.
Entry level Customer Service titles vary by location. Look for these titles when you search jobs on our website:
- Customer Service Representative
- Service and Sales Representative
- Service Consultants
Some of your day to day responsibilities might include:
- Adhering to the safety standards of the company
- Manage and resolve high volumes of customer calls (call centers)
- Handle large volume of payments and balance money accurately each day (local offices)
- Process all types of service orders (connect/disconnect, etc.)
- Handle customer service questions related to billing, collections, deposits, and outages
- Identify customer needs and promote products and services offered
Possible Customer Service Career Paths
Starting in Customer Service can open many doors. As you master your skills you might choose to work towards a specialty area like customer accounting, business specialist or training. If you have bilingual skills, there may be an opportunity for you to earn more money. Some people aspire to supervisory roles while others decide to pursue administrative support opportunities or other paths of advancement.
Click above to view all of our skilled, craft and hourly opportunities. Using the advanced search tab on the job list page, select "customer service" from the job field pull down menu and click "search for jobs" to view only customer service related opportunities.