Southern Wholesale Energy
As the agent for Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power and Mississippi Power, Southern Wholesale Energy markets the retail operating companies' surplus generating capacity to the wholesale market.
SWE currently manages and fulfills the energy needs of municipalities, electric membership cooperatives and investor-owned utilities throughout the Southeast. SWE offers its customers:
- High levels of reliability from a diverse mix of resources.
- Competitively priced products.
- Flexibility in our product offerings.
- Financial stability through the strength of the operating companies.
- A long-term view of and commitment to the wholesale market.
- A strong core of internal expertise, with world-class skills in engineering, construction, fuel procurement and operation of our plants.
- Strategic view of the industry and commitment to maintaining a diverse generation mix.
- An effective, trustworthy team dedicated to understanding our wholesale customers' needs and customizing our product for them.
Meeting your needs today
For decades, our retail operating companies have provided competitive wholesale power supply to the region. We continue that tradition of excellence today by providing a reliable and stable resource to your operation, ensuring the homes and businesses you serve have the power needed for comfort, productivity and economic development. We have the experience to anticipate market and weather changes and the ability to respond quickly when called upon. We can assume your energy needs, supply peak capacity, and help you manage your power pool or operating load.
It only takes one defaulted contract to throw your operation into turmoil. Avoid scrambling to make up power on a volatile spot market. Choose Southern Company. We manage market risk by securing future capacity needs at favorable prices. We've met our promises for decades. When you partner with Southern Company, you'll get the energy you need.
We integrate our generation assets with sound market purchases to keep our rates competitive and our reliability high. Whether you are looking for short or long-term capacity, we provide the flexibility to get the deal done for you. Our energy products also provide you with greater control of your future power supply costs. And you don't have to worry about stranded costs or unanticipated charges.
If you are within the Southeast US, we are focused on your market and your customers. It is our only market and the one we know best.
Take advantage of our experience and capability, competitive pricing and reliability, service and innovation. Contact us for specifics in meeting your energy needs.