Southern Company 2020 Annual Meeting of Stockholders
Wednesday, May 27, 2020; 10 - 11:30 a.m. ET.
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2020
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. ET
- You may access the virtual annual meeting portal beginning at 9:30 a.m. ET on May 27.
- If you are a stockholder and wish to vote or ask a question during the meeting, you must log in using the 16-digit control number included with your proxy materials.
- If you are not a stockholder or cannot locate your 16-digit control number, you may log in as a guest.
Voting Your Shares
Stockholders of record as of the close of business on March 30, 2020 are entitled to vote their shares. Prior to the day of the meeting, you may vote by internet, telephone, or mail using the instructions included with your proxy materials.
- Vote by mail – If you received a paper copy of the proxy form in the mail, you can mark, sign, date and return that form in the postage-paid envelope that came with it.
- Vote by internet at www.proxyvote.com.
- Vote by telephone at 1-800-690-6903.
If you hold your shares through a broker, bank or other nominee, you should refer to the voting instruction form provided by your broker, bank or nominee.
The polls will be open during the formal business portion of the meeting. You may vote your shares or change your previously submitted vote after you have logged in to the meeting using the 16-digit control number included in your proxy materials.
Stockholders of record as of the close of business on March 30, 2020 are entitled to ask questions.
- Before the meeting: Beginning May 20, stockholders may submit a question after logging in to www.proxyvote.com with their 16-digit control number and typing the question in the “Question for Management” field.
- During the meeting: Stockholders may submit a question after logging in to the meeting with their 16-digit control number and typing the question in the “Ask a Question” field.
We will dedicate an hour of the meeting to responding to stockholder questions and will aim to answer as many stockholder questions as possible within the time allotted. To that end, we ask that stockholders submit only one question for the meeting.
If we receive substantially similar questions, we will do our best to group such questions together and provide a single response to save time and avoid repetition. Additionally, we will post responses to questions we don’t have time to address during the meeting on our website. We reserve the right to edit inappropriate language and to exclude questions that are personal matters, not pertinent to meeting matters, do not comply with the meeting rules of conduct or are otherwise inappropriate.
We encourage all meeting participants to log in to the meeting early to test your computer system and ensure you can access the meeting. If you encounter technical difficulties accessing the meeting, please call the technical support number posted on the virtual annual meeting login page.
If the meeting cannot be completed due to technical difficulties, please check the investor page of our website for information about reconvening the meeting.
If you would like to view an electronic list of the stockholders of record as of the close of business on the record date in advance of the meeting, please send an email with your request to email@example.com. An electronic list of the stockholders of record will be available to stockholders during the meeting through the virtual annual meeting platform after logging in with your 16-digit control number.