2019 Year in Review
2019 was a year of significant accomplishment for Southern Company. In a testament to the hard work of all our employees, we delivered strong reliability, customer satisfaction and innovative solutions to meet the energy needs of our communities. As we move into 2020, we are celebrating our top moments from 2019.
Building the future of energy
Constructive Regulatory Outcomes
Plant Vogtle Milestones
- In May, the Drew Charter School boys golf team won the Class A public-school state championship, becoming the first all-African American team to win a state golf championship in Georgia.
- $9.5 million Southern Company charitable contributions in honor of Payne Stewart over the last 19 years
- $31 million TOUR Championship give-back benefitting East Lake Foundation, First Tee, Purpose Built Schools and Grove Park Foundation since 1998
- 100 First Tee members and 180 Drew Charter School students educated on Energy Efficiency in the SO Cool Zone in 2019
- 60 employees volunteered on course and at Tee Up ATL