Southern Company employees live by Our Values
February 8, 2018
Southern Company’s commitment extends beyond providing energy services. We believe in Total Commitment in all we do. Part of Our Values, Total Commitment states we are committed to the success of our employees, our customers, our shareholders and our communities. We fully embrace, respect and value our differences and diversity.
“I like to define actions as whats or hows. If following the rules is what we do, then Our Values represent how we do it.”
Our employees take this value to heart exhibiting total commitment on and off the job, putting the needs of those we serve at the center of all we do.
In recognition of this value and in celebration of the holiday season, employees were asked to share how they embody Total Commitment. We saw how employees across our footprint donated their time and talents to causes close to their hearts – a testament to how employees live Our Values each day.
Here’s just a few ways employees embraced Total Commitment:
- Feeding the homeless
- Donating to local non-profits
- Creating holiday care packages
- Hosting canned food drives
- Building bicycles for children
- Funding scholarship programs
- Spending time with the elderly
- Participating in charity races
- Encouraging leadership skills in young girls
- Volunteering at food banks
- Collecting books for children
- Educating students in STEM
- Constructing homes for those in need
Total Commitment. It makes us more than just an energy provider – we are a trusted partner in the communities we serve.