News Center Stories
View the current summary annual report "Real Solutions"
Southern Company's 2015 summary annual report is now available. Entitled "Real Solutions," this year's report highlights Southern Company's commitment to providing customers with real solutions to their energy needs.
Included are stories of how our traditional operating companies have worked with customers to overcome a variety of energy challenges from helping military bases across our region meet aggressive renewable energy goals, to helping an art museum with HVAC and lighting issues, to helping residential customers achieve energy savings at home.
CEO Tom Fanning also provides updates on the major accomplishments of 2015, as well as an update on the AGL Resources acquisition.
Take a look at how our subsidiaries are providing real solutions throughout the Southeast:
- Georgia Power's new and improved Energy Efficiency Appliance Program helps make buying energy-efficient appliances more affordable and convenient for customers. read more
- Our traditional operating companies are working with all branches of the military to meet aggressive energy goals at 19 military bases throughout the Southeast. read more
- Georgia Power worked with Jamestown Properties to implement sustainable solutions at Atlanta's Ponce City Market. read more
- Southern Power continues to aggressively grow its renewable energy portfolio, with nearly five times the number of renewable project acquisitions in 2015 than in any previous year. read more
- Alabama Power worked with the University of South Alabama Children's & Women's Hospital to design and install a state-of-the-art heat recovery system and achieve significant energy savings. read more
- Mississippi Power worked with the Walter Anderson Museum of Art on a turnkey solution to upgrade the museum's lighting and HVAC systems. read more
- Gulf Power, through financial grants and employee volunteers, is helping protect and preserve the shorelines and ecosystems of northwest Florida. read more