Southern Nuclear seeks opportunities to make a difference in our communities
Beyond providing safe, reliable and carbon-free electricity, Southern Nuclear partners with the communities we are privileged to serve through the charitable contribution programs at each of our sites. Our surrounding communities have countless individuals and organizations who work to make the lives and futures of their neighbors better, and we believe that’s something worth supporting.
Focused on identifying the needs of our local communities and ways we can help, our contributions are divided into two categories, nonprofit organizations and STEM-related initiatives. All requests can be made using the following guidelines, forms and contacts:
For nonprofit organizations:
To be considered, organizations must have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code, and documentation must accompany all submitted request forms. Requests must address a need in at least one of the following categories:
- Health and human services.
- Civil, cultural and community concerns.
- The environment.
For STEM initiatives:
Schools may request contributions for initiatives or programs that address a need in science, technology, engineering or math (STEM).
Donations that do not qualify for funding:
- Organizations that do not have tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code.
- Individuals or groups acting on behalf of individuals.
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, color, creed, national origin or gender.
- Churches or other religious organizations, except when they conduct programs that are secular in nature and have a broad impact on the public.
- National organizations, unless they have a local chapter or affiliate that will benefit from the donation.
How to submit a request:
Requests must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event or contribution date desired.
- Nonprofit organizations
- STEM initiatives
Submit the completed request by emailing one of the following External Communication coordinators: