Building the future of energy
With 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas use and output, Southern Company (NYSOE: SO) brings electricity and gas to 9 million customers every day through its subsidiaries. Additionally, as a leading provider of wholesale energy and customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications, we’re building the future of energy with the highest reliability, the most exceptional care, and the best cost.
Our family of companies is making strides in carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas and renewables across the country. We’re developing the full portfolio of the future of energy as well as new technologies and services to improve our customers’ lives and businesses.
Our distinctions as a business:
- Top military employer, named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine
- Among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity, listed by DiversityInc
- One of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity, listed by Black Enterprise magazine
- Top Employer for Hispanics, listed by Hispanic Network
- National Award of Nuclear Science and History, awarded by the National Atomic Museum Foundation
- Ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World’s Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings